Statement of Beliefs of Shiloh Bible Institute
STATEMENTS OF BELIEFS
- We believe that there is one God the creator of all. God a[ways was , God is and God will always be.God has no beginning and God has no end.
Genesis 1:1-31; Isaiah 45:11-12; Job 26:13; 33:4; Psalms 33:6; 104:30; John 1:1-4
- We Believe in the doctrine of the Trinity which is: There is one God manifests Himself though three distinct, and equal person.
Deuteronomy 6:4; 4:35; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6-8; Ephesians 1:2; 4;4-6; Philippians 1:2; 1 Peter 1:2; 2 Corinthians 13:14; 2 John 9
- We believe that the Bible in its entirety is the only inspired and infallible Word of God. Since the Bible is the final authority on obtaining salvation and we are to conduct our lives.
2 Timothy 3:15-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18; 7:24-27; John 17:1
- We believe that Jesus of Nazareth was and is God incarnated. He is the “Word made flesh and dwelled among men”. Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin named Mary. Was all man andHe was all God. He led a sinless life and worked many miracles. He suffered and died on the cross for the sin of all mankind. On the third day He rose bodily from the dead, He was seen by at least 500 people, and ascended into heaven and is now seated at the right handoff his Father.
John1:1-2., 14; 5:19-23; 10:33; Luke 1:26-35; Matthew 1:23; Acts 10:38
- We believe that the only means of salvation and reconciliation to God is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. This can only come by grace through faith, which involves an acknowledgment of being a sinner and deserving of eternal damnation in hell. There is also need for the repentance of sins and yielding to the Leadership of Jesus Christ and believing that God raised Jesus from he dead. Salvation in Jesus Christ is for all mankind who would come to Jesus yielding and believing on Him,
Ephesians1:7; 2:8-9: Acts2:21; Romans 1:16-17;3:22-24; 5:1-2; 10:9-10
- We believe that water baptism is a covenant sign of repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. It is identification with Christ’s death, burial and resurrection. We also believe that the correct method of water baptism is by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and in the Holy Spirit.
Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 8:35-39
- We believe in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit which is a process that begins to work upon the believer at their initial acceptance of Jesus Christ. This is an act of separation unto God and separation from the world. Sanctification is also living in holiness according to God’s word, being motivated by one’s love of God
John 17:16-17l 2 Corinthians6:17-18; Philippians 2:12-13; Colossians 12:4-11; Thessalonians 5:23.
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the sign of speaking in an unknown language as given by the Holy Spirit as the believer asks in faith. We also believe in the operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as given in Scripture.
Acts 1:8; 2:1-4;8:15-18; 10:44-46; 19:1-7; 1Corinthians 12:4-11; 14:14-15
- We believe that there is divine healing for all who would ask in faith, for healing of the body and soul, the mind, is in the atonement.
Exodus 15:26; 23:25; Deuteronomy 7:15; Psalms 103:2-3; 107:20; Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Acts10:38; James5:15-16; 1 Peter 2:24
- We believe that marriage as ordained by God is between one man and one woman. We affirm the sanctity of the marriage covenant that is expressed in love, mutual support, personal commitment and shared fidelity between a man and a woman. Sexual relations outside of marriage, between persons of the same sex, and between a person and an animal is contrary to God’s Word and is seen as sin by God. We also state that sexual identify is given by God and is not to be altered or changed by anyone
Genesis 1:26-28; 2:24; Matthew 19:4-6; Ephesians 5:31; Acts 15:2 ; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans1:26-28; 1 Corinthians 6:9-18; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Jude, Revelation
- We believe that the Blessed Hope of the church is in the imminent personal and physical return of Jesus Christ tp this earth
Matthew 24:27; John 14:1-3; Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17; 2 Thessalonians 2:8; 2 Timothy 4:7-8; Titus 2:3
- We believe that there will be a resurrection from the dead, the saved to eternal life with God and the unregenerate to eternal separation from God in the lake of fire with eternal suffering and torment.
Psalm 49:15; Isaiah 26:19; Matthew 25:31-46; John 6:39-40, 44,54; Romans 2:16; 14:12; 1 Corinthans15:12-57; 2 Corinthians5:10; Philippians 3:10-11; Revelation 20:11-15
- We believe that all believers are called to witness, by there living and to witness by communicating with words the gospel message of salvation, the redemptive work of Jesus Christ. The church is to engage in taking the gospel message to all the world in whatever way God leads them in order that the gospel can go out to all nations
Matthew 28:19-20; Mark 16:1-16; Acts 1:8
- We believe that the attitude toward all mankind is to love them as Jesus loved them but to hate sin. That all may come into salvation no matter what kind of life theyhad led; “ For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freelyby his grace through the redemption that is in Jesus Christ”- Romans3:23-24
John 13:34; 15:17; Romans13:8; 2 Corinthians 5:14-15; 1 Thessalonians 2:7-12; 1 John 3:11,14,18,23; 4:7,11-12